Thursday, 15 September 2011

Letter To Naa Anyeley

 

Dear Naa Anyeley,
I would won’t to begin by saying hi;
I know the responses will make you shy,
My reason for writing is that I,
Feel something fly,

In my stomach, each time I,
Set eyes on you, I guess it’s a butterfly,
//sigh//
I know your birthday was in July,
Please tell me what you’d like me to buy,

You from shanghai,
So you know I can supply,
All your needs if you comply,
To the reason why,
I apply,

My love for you will never die,
This is true, I would never tell a lie,
I love you more than the rice grains form Thai,
I recently customized your name on a necktie,
You are the apple of my eye,

The only narcotic that keeps me high,
The only person with a smile that makes me fly,
Would love you like a Canadian loves his apple pie,
Please tell those boys, who pursue you to standby,
If our parents disapprove I will still defy,

On me you can rely,
We’ve been bonded above none other can untie,
You’ll be the mother of my,
Children do you catch what I imply,
That I can’t deny,

You, because on your farm I will ply,
I love the spark in your eye,
Like the stars in the night sky,
I assure to keep you forever that I’ll try,
When you’re in trouble I’ll die,

To save you like the cast from titanic,
Oh no please don’t panic,
My heart beats each time for you,
Like a stereo from Panasonic,

What I feel for you is strong than scents from garlic,
Please remember to kiss the letter with your lipstick,
When you reply, never regard the critic,
Sometimes I feel a bit frantic,
If anything goes wrong, the measures I’ll take will be drastic,

I lay thoughts for you down like a brick,
I am a bit homesick,
Because am still in Munich,
But I know when I return, I’ll wed you in front of the public,
When you call mine name I melt like plastic,

Your voice sounds like an old classic,
Will never pass away like Ghana’s hi-life music,
Nothing can measure what I feel for you not even a yardstick,
With me your life is insured like sic,
My nurse when I fall sick,
So I’ll forever stick,

To you like glue,
I’ll never live you and that’s a clue,
My remedy when I catch flu,
Am ready to kick anybody who dares us with kung-fu,
I learnt from Peru,

I can’t keep my words short like a Haiku,
Your beauty is like that of the ladies from Hebrew,
When you’re trouble I’d come to your rescue,
I’ve you on my chest like a tattoo,
I stand up for you when all are against you,

Like Rev. Desmond Tutu,
I grantee that we’ll never argue,
Even if we do we’ll resolve because we know how-to,
Naa Anyeley my love for you is true,
Naa Adoley had her chance, but blew,
It away likes that bird that just flew,

My love for you grew,
Like that of Paul forjoe jnr & Akwele,
So let’s take queue,
Please add wele.
next your banku & okro stew,

But you stole my heart with the jollof & kelewele,
I miss the way you,
Walk and shaawele,
Oh Naa Anyeley,
Please remember that I,

Will forever cherish you.
Yours true,
Nii Darku.

By: Nii Darko Ghanyobi. (C).

1 comment: